What is CUET Entrance exam?
CUET or The Common University Entrance Test, earlier known as Central Universities Common Entrance Exam is an all-India test being organized by National Testing Agency for admission to various Undergraduate, Integrated, Postgraduate, Diploma, Certification courses and Research Programmes in 45 Central Universities of India. Lets discuss everything you should know about CUET in 2022.
Till last year, the full name of the exam was Central Universities Common Entrance Test or CUCET, which has been changed by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The exam is conducted once a year in over 500 cities in India and abroad. The exam is conducted in a computer-based mode for two hours. Originally CUCET was conducted by UGC in paper-pencil based mode. Last year onwards, NTA is conducting the test in a computer-based mode.
Whats new in CUET?
The following points indicate the changes introduced in CUET Entrance Exam 2022:
- The exam name has been changed from Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) to Central University Entrance Test (CUET)
- CUET 2022 will be conducted in 13 languages
- The question paper of CUET 2022 will include a compulsory language test, two domain-specific tests, and a general test.
- CUET 2022 scores will be accepted by 53 Central Universities and Private Universities instead of 12 Central Universities, which were the participating institutes last year.
- The application fee has been changed. Till last year, there was no application fee for PwD category candidates, but this year, they have to pay the application fee meant for reserved category candidates.
- The exam will also be conducted in 13 international cities.